Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How time flies...

Today is my oldest grandson J's 22nd birthday. It boggles my mind that he is that old and that I too am so much older. He has a little boy, my BoBo who just turned three the end of last month.

AS is routinely said, I do remember when. I remember when he could not go to sleep and asked if he could sleep with me. J was the first one to call me Mema. A name that is known by all of the grandkids and everyone they associate with too. Even other kids' parents call me Mema. I can remember He was the one who was always dragging some friend home for supper, or to spend the night, or the week-end, or a few days. He was always trying to rescue some kid. He was big for his age and it was a real hindrance when he was very little. Everyone tried to treat him like he was older. But, after he got in school it was a blessing. Most of the bullies left him alone, and if a bully was tormenting someone he would rush to the rescue.

In his teen years he developed attitude and anger issues.(He is really working on that one). I guess all teens do that to some degree or other. His just lasted longer than most. lol In his teens He was always the one who wanted to rescue friends that were in trouble with life or friends, or parents. Even now, one of his best friends is a kid a few years younger who spent so much time at our house when he was little, he did not know we were not his grandparents. lol He even helped this one get a job a couple months ago with the company where he works .

He's always been very social. In fact it was a bit to his downfall. Too busy wanting to socialize to study. Now, it is a part of his life and who he is today. He still spends a lot of his free time trying to take care of his friends.

I wish so many things for him and his family. I so wish that he would get back in church. he went all the time when he was younger. Then as a teen he did not want to go and I made him. In fact, even if he had someone over on Saturday night, and he did all the time, I made him and his visiting friend(s) go to church. He told me that is why he doesn't go now. We all know the excuses.

But, I have to believe that those few times those kids went to church may someday help them survive in a time of crisis. And, I believe that at some point he too will find his way back to the foot of the cross. One thing is for sure, He knows the truth and someday, even if I have gone on, he will know where to look to find himself. And where to go to find me and how to get there. :)

In the meantime, I just keep praying for him, for his baby, my BoBo, and Baby Mamma. A Grandmothers prayer!~

No comments:

Post a Comment