Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Weathering the Weather!~ And, the power of Prayer!~

Well, I am so grateful and thankful to my God.

My son lives in an area of Tecumseh where the streets and houses around him were hammered. My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones and who have suffered loss. This is the second time my son has lived right in the middle of a hard hit area. I do believe in the power of prayer.

My two youngest grandsons, his boys, were at their mom's house. The house around the corner was totally demolished. This poor couple lost everything. But, they are safe and that is what matters. I do believe in the power of prayer.

My sister was on her work shift at the hospital, and could not locate my nephew who lives right on Lake Thunderbird. It was tense for some time, later around 10:30 p.m., we learned that when his family packed and moved to safety he decided to go on to work. He did not want to lose his job. So, everyone was in shelters and he was at work with his phone turned off. The Marina right down the road now sits in the middle of the lake with boats destroyed and piled everywhere. I am so thankful he is ok. I do believe in the power of prayer.

We also could not locate my oldest sister who also lives in the Lake T-Bird area. She and her family are all ok. I do believe in the power of prayer.

My brother-in-Law lives right along Hwy-9, and was in the path of the storm. He could see the tornado as it headed his direction from miles away. His neighbor behind him has a barn sitting on top of the back of his house and a tree was on top of his van. My BIL is fine. He raced South down the road to his little boy who was with his mother at her house in a trailer. They were in the tub with a mattress on top of them. The roof and siding were severely damaged. I do believe in the power of prayer.

My other BIL and our Aunt live side by side, also in the path of the storm . They came out of his shelter to find debris all over their yards. Insulation, magazines and what not. Thier homes were ok. I do believe in the power of prayer.

My daughter was on the road headed home East of town, with her hubby and her daughter. They saw the swirling and the lowering of yet another and different tornado, as my SIL raced at high speed to get away to safety. They were in a rural flat area with no visible place to hide. She was terrified as she could see the debris cloud. I do believe in the power of prayer.


Country Boy grocery on Hwy-9 East of Norman, is a total loss. I shop the meat market there. I hear that they herded everyone into the meat locker and everyone is ok. I do believe in the power of prayer.

Loves country store on I-40Est of OKC, was also hit and is a total loss. The employees herded everyone into the cooler and they hid in a closet. One of the young girls who is employed there said they just prayed to God that everyone would be safe. I do believe in the power of prayer.

Today my oldest grandson was sent to Northern Oklahoma to work on repairs. I will be praying as the storms may hit West and North later today. And, again I say, I do believe in the power of prayer.

1 comment:

  1. Shirley I didn't know you had a blog! I will have to stop by more often. Haven't done much with mine this year. Love this post. I think a lot of prayers were being said last night.

    ReplyDelete