Sunday, March 7, 2010

Desires of the Heart!~ and my Vision!~

I wish I were strong as a horse. I was very strong and healthy in my youth. I wish I had a billion dollars. I could do so many things like help with the new church, and help my kids, or, drill water wells in areas of the world where it is so desperately needed. I wish for a lot of things.

BUT, the desires of my heart, are far simpler and far removed from those things I just mention.

In Psalms the Bible says:
Psalm 37:4
"4. Delight thyself also in the Lord, and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

And in the Book of Habakuk:
Habakuk 2:2,3,4
"2. And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
3. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
4. Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith."

I do delight myself in the Lord. My greatest peace and joy comes when I am reading my Bible or during prayers or worship service at church. He knows the desires of my heart. I am working on a constant walk in faith, and now, the belief that he will give me the desires of my heart.

I have heard a couple sermons over time about the Habakuk verses and writing down our vision. So, taking these two segments of scripture. I am writing my vision down.

The desires of my heart are that my husband, my son, my daughter, my grandchildren, my great grandson and the extended families of my son and daughter all get in church. My Vision is for each and every one of them to find spiritual guidance, grace and redemption. My vision includes their repentance, and their receiving the Holy Ghost and Baptism of cleansing, renewal and regeneration. My vision is now written. I pray it is received.

Having read Matthew chapter 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21, many times over the years, I believe that the end is so near. I just pray that my precious loved ones are ready for His coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment