Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My week is fast dwindling away. Whew!~

The Tax man cometh~
I have spent several hours this fine Wednesday getting farm tax receipts in order and recording activities booklet to a ledger. I try and have it all organized and separated so the tax person can identify each line item easily. Whew!` By doing this I save a couple hundred dollars on the cost of tax preparation. We lose so much money on the farming, and his full time job seems to support the farm efforts. I have found it helps to be as organized as possible. So, things are looking good for next week. Or, at least I think so. LOL Farming is not a big profitable operation unless you are Braums or one of the big chains. But it is a family thing passed down and he loves it. I do too for that matter.

Wasted day~
I spent all day Tuesday at the doctors office with my oldest grandson. He hurt his had at work on Monday and they wanted to make sure nothing was crushed or broken. It was swollen and bruised but it is fine. I had time to read my Bible and do some needlework. I hate all that sitting as the back-end of this south bound mule aches from the lack of activity. I did not accomplish anything useful in my day. By the time I got home I had just enough time to vacuum and straighten up a bit. I was exhausted from being gone all day.

Poor sweet baby~
Early Monday morning I got text from one of my scripture children, that she needed prayer for her grandbaby. Little Ryliegh was born Sunday and was immediately transferred to Tulsa hospital as she could not breathe on her own. I checked w gram last night and she is still the same. I do believe my God is Able to heal little baby girl. I forwarded prayer requests to my Prayer Warriors from church.

Poor sister~
Tuesday morning early after I send the scripture text, I got another prayer request from the same young woman requesting prayer for her sister-in-law. Tamena was having surgery for a condition I did not even recognize called Castlemens(?) and needed prayer. FW prayer requests to Prayer Warriors. My God is Able!~

Retreat!~
My granddaughter is all excited about a church retreat during Spring Break. Isn't that awesome!~ I am so thankful that this 14 year old is doing something positive with her free days. OH how thankful I am!~

Our Great Get-away!~
Huney and I are thinking about taking an overnighter to Ft. Gibson during break and just having quiet time. At Seqouyah State Park and Marina the cabins are so cozy and the area is so peaceful. I hope I can get him to break from his intense work ethic to take a breather. I need it too. LOL It would be great to go up to Eureka Springs, but, if we did that, the entire brood would be in revolt that we did not get a big cabin or cabins for all of us. WE did that one time and it was fun and memorable, and very hectic and somewhat demanding. Grandkids like to be on the move all the time. Whew!~ We like quiet drives and scenic byways. LOL They like the entertaining things. We like a meal out and lots of snacks at the cabin or in the ice chest on the road. They are into family gathering style restaurant reviews. LOL

Eureka Springs, Arkansas~
One of my favorite places on Gods good earth. I hope we can get back up there soon. It has been several years now since we made the trip. How I love to go on Thanksgiving week-end when the Christmas decorations are all up and lit. But Spring, Fall, or Winter in that little haven can be so awesome. Lake Leatherwood cabins...oh Yeah!` Nothing so beautiful as fog over the lake early in the morning. Brings thoughts of peace and quiet just remembering. Cabins are a bit rustic, but who needs television or telephones on a "restation". In fact who really needs 'em anytime. Just products of a demanding and crazy lifestyle, right?

enuf drivel...

No comments:

Post a Comment