Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Trials and a time of testing.

My son and my daughter are both going through a time of trials and testing right now. It is so difficult to walk through this world and still hold to faith. I keep trying to remind them that My God Is Able. I wish I could help them understand using the Book of Job to guide them that the battle between good and evil rages in their lives and in the lives of their loved ones too.

The battle is fierce and the Devil really does prowl the world seeking to destroy and he is vicious.

I Peter 5:8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.

Yes... he will devour the mind or the body or even worse the spirit.

The two scriptures I offered for their guidance are:

Psalm 37:4,5
4. Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

It has been my experience the last few years that when a crisis hits, if I can just turn my mind from negativity and pray with the knowledge that nothing is impossible with God, prayers are answered. Some examples in my Book of Remembrances are when loved ones have been healed. He is so mighty, so merciful, and so compassionate. I reach out to him because I am only human and without his touch in my life, things get so crazy or complicated, or confusing. The mental and physical healing I have received has strenghtened my faith. The mercy I found has made me whole mentally and in so many other ways. I am a woman who has been loosed. I have found my "fix". I don't need to shop til I drop, or go out and party. I don't need to roll with friends, or battle the gossip wars to survive. I don't need a drink, I don't need what the world has to offer. When financial woes hit I am ready and have found how to offer it to him. My comfort comes from the knowledge that God is going to win the battle between the good and evil. My comfort comes when I stop and hold my heart and mind up to him.

So, as the battles rage in the lives of my loved ones, I will seek his mercy and carry the thought that I can now come boldly into his presence by the blood of Jesus. Boldly!~ I will carry the pain or heartbreak, or confusion, or complications to his presence. I do this daily. I will reach out to my provider, my healer, my rock, my strength, my fortress, my stronghold.

He provides emotional and spiritual guidance, as well as guiding me financially. My healer can heal the heart, mind, body and spirit. My rock can hold me steady emotionally. My Strength can carry me through those moments when the battle weakens me. My fortress is where I can hide emotionally and gain stability. My stronghold is there to protect me and to give me rest. He is all!~ He is Jehovah Shalom, my God of Peace. He is Jehovah Shammah, my God who is Present. He is Emmanuel and he dwells in me. IN ME!~

No comments:

Post a Comment