Friday, April 16, 2010

Beautiful rainy day~

It's been a beautiful and cloudy rainy afternoon here. I so love a quiet rain without the threat of storms and or tornadoes. Woohooooo!` I took a wonderful afternoon nap. I was laid out on the heating pad and it eased the pain and I slept. LOL I soooo needed it too. I worked like a crazy fool yesterday in the yard getting the front cleaned up and ready before the rain. I am just too old and decrepit to overdo like that anymore. I can barely bend over to the floor to pick something up today. I hope I am better tomorrow as it will be a real problem trying to pick up BoBo. LOL But, hey, my front yard looks so much better. whew!~ Bwaaaaaa, my hands and muscles and arms and legs and back hurt... even myneck...old age is not always fun. I used to tell people I wanted to grow old gracefully. Ha~! I had no idea that the pain was so total body impacting. hee hee hee Forget gracefully. I will settle for less painfully.

I am so awed by the wonders of nature. I love to admire Gods handywork and the beauty of the trees and sky, clouds, and even rain, can leave me in awe. The recent natural disasters like earthquakes remind me that He is so powerful. The volcanic eruption in Iceland and all the earthquakes remind me that as prophesied n Matthew Chapter 24, time is fast approaching Jesus' return.

It troubles me that people are so mindlessly living lives and running along without a thought to life after flesh. It concerns me greatly that my loved ones don't seem to be aware of His ultimate plan for mankind. Everyone seems to operate on the current level of live for today.

Today for me starts with prayers and a quiet time of Bible reading. That is unless, I have BoBo and he is up early and running amuck. It is kinda hard to find quiet time with a two year old who needs food and attention. lol I am teaching him to love his little books tho'. We start there.

Pastor recommended a Max Lucado book, and I now have it, and hope to find time in the next few days to read it. Maybe next week.

Note to self: still need to try and locate the youth group link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment