Thursday, April 15, 2010

Runnin the roads...lol

Between chasing back and forth to school and doctors visits with my grandson things have been hectic. I haven't been on here for several days now. Last night Pastor told us the youth group started a blogspot so I made myself take time to get here. I tried to get to their blog and could not find it. I will check with pastor as I want to find their blog and be as supportive as possible. Our youth group kids are the greatest.

My grandson went to the doctor twice this week and drove himself both times and that was a blessing. Testing that lasted for hours on Tuesday and a return trip on Wednesday. No word on all the testing as I guess that takes a few days. Hopefully and God willing things will be figured out soon and he can get back on track.

My granddaughter just made the Cheer leading squad at her school and I am so proud of her. She makes good grades and is a good kid. I know this meant a lot to her as she is the type to press and work hard. The school does not have football but they do boast great championship teams in baseball and basketball as well. I know she looks forward to next year with great anticipation.

My son and his wife are planning to move to East Texas when school is out due to economic woes in this area. There's just not enough new construction to keep him busy and he is a master craftsman at trim carpentry. But, the thought that he will be so far away tears at my heart. WE are a close family. My son and my daughter and I have always been very close and I cannot imagine either of them being far away. *sigh* But, life takes the turns and we have to walk in faith. The work and housing in the area he is planning to move to is very promising and I don't blame him at all for thinking about the move. But, oh, how I will miss him popping thru the front door every few days.

I had an Education meeting on Tuesday night. Since it was a Fire training course with guest speakers providing information we had refreshments. The Ed Director ordered cheese and fruit trays and I volunteered to bake a couple of cakes. I made one chocolate and an orange cake. I took the leftover orange cake by the park to my son. He and his wife were watching the kids play basketball. I won't be able to do those kinds of things if he moves. Orange cake is his favorite. Oh, Mamma if feelin' sad about this situation. But, our problems are small in comparison to others in the world around us. The EAC is still my only commitment outside my church, home, and family since I retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment