Friday, April 23, 2010

A Fish outta Water!~

Like the old saying goes, sometimes I feel like a fish outta water. I missed church Sunday nite and on Wednesday nite too. This Fish needs the Water of Life on a daily basis. When I am floundering in the woes and darkness of life around me it helps to remember that Jesus is the Water. And, I need him to see me through this life.

When I get caught up in life drama and or the darkness around me I can get really crazy. Or, when I wake up in a bad place, I have to pray my way through into the light. Then out the door I go to face the people on the roads. Sheesh!~ I am not a patient person on the road. I want to tell people how to drive but they won't listen. Just yesterday I was driving along and someone did something to annoy me. I was almost ready to wave my arms and hands to give them the road guidance they needed. When it hit me. If they were to visit my church I would welcome them with smiles and the love of Christ. But, on the roads I just wanna box 'em. I need to work on this issue. It seems to be my lot it life to get behind Farmer Dave or Mrs. Farmer Dave. They pull out in front of me. Or, the worst of the worst, they are so busy talking on the cell phone they park at an intersection and all the other three corners wait for them to Mooooove!~ I must try to remember that even if I never meet them, they need the love of Christ and have his forgiveness just like I do. :}

This fish went to the Doctor yesterday. I actually drove myself and had a quiet trip all alone. The roads were clean and everyone was driving nice. I did my lab work on Monday so I figured things would go well. Well, Doc wanted more lab work. So after I saw him I went for more labs. EEEEEEEEW!~ Oh, how I hate needles. Since I had this open heart surgery almost eleven years ago, I am more accustomed to the poking and prodding now. But, I still cringe when the lab tech turns to me with a needle. It is a blessing. I know it is. If I were not afraid of needles I might have ended up an addict. lol Who knows?!

On my way home I found the most wonderful Gospel music channel. 88.7 based out of Ada, Oklahoma. But, when I turned in my area I lost it. They played a couple of songs we sing at church. It was such a blessing. I listen to Oasis and Bott here and they are great. But, this was a more apostolic venue and I was so thrilled. It was a good trip. Aside from all the aches and pains, and stiffness, it was a great trip for me. I had the opportunity to engage in praise and worship all the way home. When hubby drives me I usually listen to his selections, or we play CD's. The music is good too, but, it doesn't give me the spiritual high.

I need the spiritual renewal that comes with music and the quiet times with my God. I face the drama and darkness in the lives of people around me and I have to work at maintaining my spiritual strength. I was once just as lost and the darkness pervaded and invaded my entire world. I struggled to find my way through the darkness and did not know why things were so crazy. I have to remind myself constantly that my loved ones or even someone on the street may be struggling with that same darkness.

This world, this life is so full of chaos and everyday things that clamour for our attention. For my kids and grandkids work and school have so many pressing struggles. I am amazed that I once lived just like that without the renewal and constant guidance from above. Oh, I prayed and read my Bible from time to time. But, the commitment to my spiritual walk was not there. So, from my own experience, I know that they too flounder and don't even know it.

It comes down to this: We are all fish outta Water without Jesus. Thank His precious name He is the Fisher of men, and the Water of Life.

I hold fast to his promise that my children and my husband are included in his Redeeming Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment