Thursday, February 25, 2010

Prayin' my way thru the days...

There's been a bit of drama in my family. I obviously can't put all the details here in a public place on the Internet. But, were it not for my faith, I would be running around going' crazy like Chicken Little. And, I do not joke. I have to believe that My God is Able. So, I have been taking these things to him in prayer. I know that teens face so much temptation and peer pressure. They want to do what other kids do and fit in. So, there is a testing going on at the early ages. The battle between good and evil rages over my sweet young ones and all I can do is pray. IN all my praying the biggest worry I have is, I do wonder who will pray for my hubby, children, grandchildren, and other loved ones someday when I am gone?? I know my Mom prayed for me for so many years. I hope my kids know how much heart and faith I have invested in prayers for them and the grandchildren. I think my husband knows cause he lives with me. lol

In addition to the personal family drama involving my grandsons, my daughter has had her own heartbreaking situation.

Her Mother-in-Law had surgery on four discs in her back two weeks ago. After she got home she got sicker and sicker. Sunday morning she was back in ER so delirious she did not know who she was or where she was at. So ER evaluated and admitted her to the hospital later in the day. On Monday they did emergency surgery on her back to try and remove infectious matter. Later in the day the surgeon who did the first surgery admitted that during the initial surgery he nicked her. So, spinal fluids were draining into the area for the two weeks she was supposed to be recovering. Now tests have revealed she has Ecoli. At least they know what to treat and what antibiotics to use. What a nightmare for that family. Our church as been praying for her.

She has been in ICU. Yesterday they got her up and in a chair and she was awake for a "few" minutes. God is so merciful!~ She seemed to know who she was and appeared some better. Hers is not a church going family and I don't know what kind of faith level the family has or if they even have any faith. Scary to me to think of going through heartbreak like this without the foundation of having God in my corner.

My scripture for the day that is holding me in place is:

Ephesians 6:13 "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be all to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

I sent this to my kids, grand kids, and others who are on my text list this morning. Oh Lord, how I hope that seed is planted in their hearts.

One bright spot in my week recently is that a young woman I send the scriptures to in the mornings sent me a reply asking me two add two more numbers. I did not have any idea for several mornings who the numbers belonged to. But, it sure touched my heart that these little acts of service are reaching someone. *Big smile*

Actually Ephesians chapter 6 is the reason I do what I do. Specifically Ephesians 6:16-17-18. My sword is the word and I am doing the best I can to see that some of my loved ones get a word thru the one techno tool they are addicted to. LOL Cell phones!~

No comments:

Post a Comment