Saturday, February 27, 2010

Wasting time...

Sometimes I get so caught up in keeping up with all the little things life demands of me I feel there is no time for me. That may sound selfish but it is the truth. I stay so busy with all the piddly stuff I feel that my "quality" time is zero. I know others feel this way because someone near to me told me recently that there was never time for quiet alone time for self. That is not a good place to be but this world is so busy and crazy sometimes it happens all the time.

I think I may have hurt someones feelings this week by not running in circles for them. I politely said, "NO!". I have not heard from her since then. But, I was so busy with my own demands that I knew I would get caught up in a several day duty roster that would leave me exhausted. I am just getting too old to run the roads all the time. I need to slow down so I excused myself and gave me permission to take care of my own family and responsibilities. This near and dear relative of mine will not call or come around for weeks or months at a time and then when in need expects me to come running. Am I being too selfish? I so hope not.

I know we are called to serve others, but I think there is a point in some relationships where being taken for granted becomes servitude. I hope I am not sounding too harsh. But, in a number of my relationships I am never sure where love starts and stops and being taken advantage of begins. *sigh* Argh!~

I am a rock to so many of my family members. I don't mind most of the time and am truly thankful that I am able to help. But, sometimes without thought maybe, the demands get too demanding for this old lady. lol I hope my cousin understands why I had to think of myself. I pray she will turn to some of her other family. I think it is time her grown daughter starts to accept some of the responsibility.

OK, this goes to my journal. I just needed to get it off my chest so to speak. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment