Saturday, February 20, 2010

Runnin' amuck all week long...lol

It's been a busy week for me. Takin' Ric to school and picking her up every day. Taking BoBo and his Mamma for errands and stuff cause her car is down now. A friends' brother passed away and she had to travel to Arizona for the funeral and I got to spend time with her two little dogs twice a day for food and potty runs. Her oldest dog is so adorable. He likes to cuddle and looks at you as if to say, "I love u." Sweet old dog! her brother will be here today so my doggy runs are over and I got kinda attached to her babies. LOL I am such an old dog lover. No wonder my two dogs, especially my little one is so spoiled.

Yesterday while sitting at her house, waiting for the dogs potty run outside, I browsed all the local papers for this week. So heartbreaking, a policeman was found dead in his home of a gunshot wound to his head. ME has not yet ruled accident, or suicide or other. It must be devastating for his family and my heart goes out to them. On another day two construction workers died in a trench collapse while working on a septic system. Another heartbreaking situation for families.

It is sad that all this death brings people to emotional devastation but it does. And, then they seek God at a funeral. And, sadly it may be that many of them never give him a thought until a time when grief forces them to think about life after death. I too think about life after death and I do worry about my loved ones. I am secure in the knowledge that I am doing the best I can to worship and serve my God in my later life. I so wish my children, grandchildren and my hubby would take more time to worship and pray. This is at the top of my wish list in terms of prayer.

Society is so casual about God, and prayer and faith nowadays. It is scary. Taking God for granted. Whew!~ How can that be?There are even churches who treat faith issues as take it or leave it options. Mind boggling. My Bible reads the same now in 2010, as it did when I was a kid in the 1950's. Nothing has changed other than the addition of a few translations. But, His Word remains the same and the rules have not changed.

Yet people the world over are taking portions of the Bible and building institutions. Then calling them religious and using God and the Bible to back up their errant behavior. It scares me to think that well intentioned people like say, Oprah, go and build a church and do not use the entire Bible. Why is it that they become so out of touch with reality to use God and his word and leave out so much of what he has to say and TO OFFER. Amazing!~ Terrifying!~ Heartbreaking!~

To think that someone would ignore or even deny that parts of His Word do not apply. It is clear that these people have not studied wholeheartedly and sought his guidance. Words like... Lofty, Pompous, Ivory Towers, and Foolish, come to mind.

I don't know why I am rambling about this other than it sometimes burdens my heart because I was once just as shallow and self absorbed. I am not trying to be judgemental, but it does scare me that so many have lost touched with our Great God Almighty. Living in the world, and feeling the cares without his grace and guidance is a dark and dangerous place to be. Dangerous not only mentally, but physically and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment