Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Uncle BoBo? and Mema runnin' loose...

Uncle BoBo? My sweet boy is out of town this week with his Mama. They are with his uncle and aunt who is about to deliver a baby and make BoBo a two year old uncle. Oh, how I miss that boy. I have had much needed time for a few things around here, but, it is so quiet without him. He will be home Saturday evening. Thank goodness.

I took my granddaughter Ric to school this morning and headed to the bank for cash to hit the grocery store. This is the first time I've been out for days because of the snow/ice storm. While sitting at the bank the teller took so long I decided to put the Subby in park. When I went to put it into park the gearshift came off in my hand. :O I was freaked. I so wish someone had been there to take a picture of my facial expression. LOL I managed to get it back in the hole, left it in drive and came straight home. It went into park just fine and I called hubby at work. he said it would be okay til he got home. Whew!~

I finished reading Night Over Water by Ken Follett. Good book and I will post my thoughts on it later. I have finally finished a couple of pant skirts. Did a lot of dusting and a bit of cleaning. I have an ongoing to-do list but I find myself getting sidetracked. I can blame that on old age I guess. Head down the hall, forget why, and find something else to get into.

Another pack of dogs running wild in the country got two more cows down this week. The one they got yesterday was a mamma cow trying to give birth. At a totally vulnerable time they caught her and she is gone. My Brother-in-Law has been trying to track them in the snow and find out if they come from a neighboring house nearby. Late last night around midnight he found the second cow and her calf. Can you imagine how terrified those poor defenseless cows feel when the dogs are just chasing them for fun.

Not more than two months ago, another pack of dogs just sporting with the cows and chasing and chewing for fun, caused more than four to die. It is not funny. I am a dog lover but when it came time to shot that pack I was ready. I know it was heartbreaking for my son to have to hunt dogs as he too is a dog lover. He is an avid hunter but this was not something he wanted to do. But, it had to be done. It is so horrible to see what they do to these helpless cows and calves. Not to mention the loss in terms of cost and income. My two B-i-L's live on some of that money. I just love the cows cause they are such simple and uncomplicated creatures.

It has been a long week already cause we did not have church on Sunday. I am still praying early and reading my Bible. I am still sending scriptures almost every day to my kids and older grandkids. It is my sword, and I am using it.

Ephesians 6: 13 & 17

13. "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

17. "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:"

I am using my sword, (the word of God, i.e. the Bible) to reach out and influence my family and friends. I know that in the busy and chaotic lives they live, time to read the Bible on a daily basis is not happening. So, I try to send a scripture just to remind them.

Today I sent:

Psalm 121: 1& 2

1. " I will life up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help."
2. " My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."

It just seemed to fit and fill the emotional need of the moment. I thought it might bring my hubby comfort this morning since he didn't get much sleep after his brother called.

I do wonder if any of you are still reading this, but, I find comfort in the idea that at some future point it will be here for my children and my older grandchildren. I hope and pray some they will glean guidance and or comfort from my journal and things. I know my daughter and a couple of friends like to pop in and read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment