Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Brain dead!~

I am slightly brain dead today. I fasted yesterday and things went wild. Granddaughter got sick at school, so I went and got her and brought her home. Later in the afternoon, Dr. said it is a virus. So, she is here today and sleeping now. At noon yesterday BoBo and mama had car trouble so I hauled them around doing a few errands. It will be such a blessing in a few weeks when she gets a better car. Some days like yesterday, It is so hard to find "me" time. It was a bit difficult for prayer time aside from the running in circles all day. I ended my fast at dinner time as I was starting to feel weak and worried about a crash. (Crash is diabetic lingo for a bottom in low blood sugar.)

Hubby worked on pulling the trany from the Z71after he got home last night. The trany went out Monday night. We've had vehicle problems for the past two months. I just pray my way through. If the trany had to go out, at least it wasn't in the hard freeze or during the horrible winter storm a couple weeks ago. It helps to find the good in every situation. The weather is good right now, so hopefully he can get a rebuilt or whatever replaced right away.

The scripture that seemed to lift me up this morning was:

Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart, wait, I say on the Lord."

I also take comfort in the verse from

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Life can be so demanding, and circumstances beyond our control can sure hit hard, leaving us reeling sometimes. I ran in circles yesterday and aside from the struggle to keep up with everyone, I was wanting to be in prayer for my fast. I know that we are to go about our business as usual while fasting. But, a couple of my reasons for fasting are the kind that really need prayer and fasting. Lots of prayer. I have two loved ones who are going through so much emotional torture, I know they are under severe attack, similar to the story of Job. I can see the evil influences in their lives and I know how difficult it is for a young person. It is hard for older and stable adults to suffer a bombardment of emotional stress, but, young people don't always have the emotional tools needed to cope with these things.

I pray for their strength and mine as well. I need to be strong and that has been a true gift and blessing from my God. Since my open heart surgery I am sometimes weak and weary. With his strength flowing through me I am able to maintain and walk with them through some of the battles.

I started a new book a couple of days ago. I will get back to it later today and get a bit of physical rest. It is an older publication titled On Wings of Eagles by Ken Follett. I will try and post my thoughts on it soon. It is a true story and Follett is a great writer, so that should make for a great book. I am fortunate to be such a fast reader. I can blaze through a book in no time when I am hooked on the storyline.

I intend to post some of my older writings such as Poetry and whatnot here. So, be aware as some of my postings will be older things I am adding for the storage here on my blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment