Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunday, January 24th thoughts

What an awesome service we had at church yesterday morning. Brother Wofford taught again and it was incredible. I carried so much with me when I left. During alter call my daughter and I both recieved a gift of emotional healing and such intense Joy. We were so filled with the Joy of the Lord we were shaking with laughter, yet tears were streaming down our faces. In any other church that could not happen. At the very least any other demonination would have assumed we were being disrespectful. But, what happened was a moment in our lives we will always cherish. What unspeakable Joy our God will infill us with if we are seeking and ready. I carried so much with me, I wish I could share, but, the final thought that just about anyone can understand are the words of Jesus: "Peace, Be Still.". Such simple words, but, filled with so much more than most of us take the time to try and understand. Brother Wofford is truely an annointed Man of God. I was so blessed by his sermon.

After church we had a Birthday party for BoBo. Whew!~ Things were good, but, so many hitches. LOL. The party was planned for 1pm and although three of the girls made it on time the rest of the gang did not show up until around 2:30pm. That is way beyond time for him to nap. We raced home at 3:30 and it took an hour for him to wind down and go to sleep. He did not wake until 6:30pm and he was starving. By the time I got him and his Papa fed it was too late for me to make the evening service. Oh, how my heart and spirit longed to go and be with my church family, and to listen to Brother Wofford one more time. I did consider going late but, by then I would have walked in an hour into the sermon. Too rude for me. lol

I am so thankful to have found UPC and be a part of such intense worship and praise. I have the Holy Ghost and the comfort that carries me in this world of choas. I know in the quiet times to accept his peace and carry it with me. My God is Able!~

BoBo is running amuck after a pancake breakfast this morning. He only slept until 8am. I kinda thought since the little stinker stayed up until midnight he would sleep in. Ha~! Time to do a diaper run I am sure. Pancakes can get a guy goin' ya know??

No comments:

Post a Comment