Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I started reading a new book today. I always pile up a TBR winter stash, and with the temps outside what they are, I'm glad I have a suppy of books ready. LOL I have worked like a maniac the last two days re-organizing my house after the holiday stampede. I stopped for a bit today to rest and started reading The Keepsake by Tess Gerrittson. My intent was to browse a couple of books from my stash and make a selection to start reading tomorrow. But, within a few minutes I was so hooked on the storyline. I am too tired to read more now, but, my plan for tomorrow is reading and more reading.

Yes, I did get up early, say my prayers and read my Bible as I try to do every day. It's a good thing too. It seems like as soon as I clear one emotionally stressful hurdle and take a deep breath, here comes another one to hammer me down. I can't go into this one but, it is the kind of thing that can cause sleepless nights. I will call on the God I serve and offer every person involved up to him. I can do nothing myself, but, I know that God can handle this and so much more if I continue to offer it up to him. Sometimes family problems when it involves children can create a lot of gray hair. The scripture that came to mind as soon as I got up today was:

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

No, I do not have these things memorized, the verse came into my head when I got up. ??? It puzzled me. So, I had to look it up to know the chapter and verse. It was so appropriate for me today, as things were hectic and family issues came up to rock my world. If you believe in prayer please pray for my children and grandchildren. A prayer for my greatgrandson would be much appreciated too.

Greatgrandson "BoBo", will be out of town for a bit and he left Sunday evening. I took him to church with me Sunday morning and he was so good. For a baby who will be two years old this month he amazes me how he can focus on something. At church he listens so intently until he falls asleep. If he watches one of his movies, like Cars by Disney, he is fascinated for almost two hours. Amazing child!~ He makes me so happy and oh, how I love it when he laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment