Saturday, January 30, 2010

What a week!~

What a week!~ Spent a couple of days with BoBo. Granddaughter and her best friend came one day during the snow/ice storm and hoarded the puter all day. lol My oldest grandson is sick so I have not seen him in days. He stayed away so he would not pass germs on to BoBo and the rest of the family. Poor baby can't be around daddy. There is a virus going around that makes one so sick for days. Whew!~ Ric had it a week or so ago and went to the dr. twice in one week. So far the rest of us have not been hit with it.

I finally finished reading On Wings of Eagles by Ken Follett. I will post on that in another blog. Good book!~

It is 3am and I had a bout with my acid reflux so I got up and puttered around the kitchen and then spent some time in prayer and reading my Bible. That quiet time with my God can be so uplifting. I feel so bad for anyone who does not read the Bible and pray in a quiet time daily. I wonder how the world survives without it. The insanity and evil of the world demands that I maintain my mind in this way. The added benefit is that I have found my way and He leads me through so many situations that in the past could have left me reeling.

My sister Mary called my late Friday night. Yipeeeee!~ After all is said and done, she is talking about coming to church with me on Sunday. She has not been there in months. Another prayer answered. *sigh* She stayed away from church and tried to deal with things on her own and found that the chaos and confusion can be enough to decimate a person mentally and spiritually.
If she gets back in church again maybe her two younger sons, and even her daughter and family will start going again. The boys need the church or AA to at least stay sober. So, I keep praying and I'll let God do the rest. The boys really don't have a clear concept of God and they need to find him somewhere.

Finding God and knowing him, is the hardest part of the battle in our lives between good and evil. When the darkness surrounds us, it is hard, so very hard for the smallest glimmer of God's light and love to shine through. Only when we seek to find his light can we open up to receive all he has for us. It sounds simple, but the veil of darkness can be so thick, the mind and spirit can't focus on the light just waiting for us.

Psalm 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

For most of my life I was living in such darkness, I prayed but I did not see the light, and I could not get beyond the darkness that corrupts the mind and spirit. I was a part of the chaos and confusion and did not even know. I think that is what goes on in the lives of so many people and why they are so spiritually bankrupt.

I really don't know why I am rambling so, but, just thoughts of an old lady prowling the blog at 3;00 am. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment