Monday, January 11, 2010

A moment this morning~

I was reading my Bible this morning after my early prayers and found this scripture. "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall life you up." James 4:10 It really caught my eye, as I try when I pray early in the mornings, to seriously open my heart and reach out to God. I have things I pray about that are so critical to the happiness and healthiness of my family. With all that goes on around them, when I watch the battle between good and evil in their lives I am reminded that this is not a joke. I see the evil that strikes out and causes emotional damage, or physical damage. I see where only a spiritual healing can create health and happiness and put an end to the heartbreak they face sometimes.

This scripture helped me to get humble, seek his grace, and although I am a bit tired from the week-end, I have been lifted up. I see his grace around me and I know that he is watching over them. God is so good and I am so thankful that his mercy endureth forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment