Monday, January 18, 2010

Good mornin' world!~

The sun is about to shine through my kitchen window. The weather has been so much better the last few days. I actually cleaned the porch of Christmas and nasty weather debris and that makes me feel better. When things are in order around the house I feel better. Now, all I need to do is rent a rug doctor and do my carpets. I have a shampooer but the RD is so much better. I will wait until after next week-end to do the carpets.

BoBo has a birthday this week, and Rachel will probably have a party next week-end. If I wait we can do my carpet and then hers at the same time. She will probably need it after a herd of little ones tromp through doing the Bday thing with cake and goodies. LOL BoBo will be two years old. I am old!~ No gettin' around it. :P Greatgrandson will be two...Wow!~

I heard two awesome sermons yesterday at church. Pastor Bowman, as a Man of God, absolutely leaves me amazed sometimes. I don't think he really knows how insightful and informational his sermons are. I know he knows that he leads us as a flock and I know he prays so diligently for all of us. But, the spiritual guidance, the insight into the word that he has and shares is so uplifting and encouraging. WE do go from glory to glory as it says in the Bible, and there are times when I personally go from sermon to sermon. Sometimes when the world is crushing down on me, I can get so much strength and deliverance from his sermons. Lately he has preached on Faith, and yesterdays sermon really helped to build mine. Last night his sermon was on letting the worshipper out and it was a great sermon. Oh yeah, I got CD copies of his morning sermons for the last two weeks. I did not get one from last night because I think it was one of those, "you had to be there", kind of sermons. I wish Pastor had a blog page so I could go and pick his brain whenever. LOL

I broke my cell phone right before church last night so I did not send out a text scripture this morning. I will head to the cell phone store in a little while. Those things are so expensive, I hate to even walk through the door. I feel the money flying outta my pocket, tightwad that I am. LOL

My text for today, or later today will be:

Psalm 33:22 "Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in thee."

His mercy sustains me and I hope in him. Simple enough? It carries me through a lot of the hard times. Times when I can't find my way without him. The beginning of this scripture, says we are asking for his mercy, but the latter part of this scripture points out that it will be dependent on our hope in him. It is a faith thing. To me it is all about opening our eyes to seek his face. I do believe that I gleaned that part about faith just because I heard an awesome sermon on faith yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment