Friday, January 15, 2010

Eye Opener!~

Hubby called from work in MW City, OK. Earthquake hit somewhere and bldg shook. I watched news and it was a 4.0 n the R scale, and it hit NE of Jones, Oklahoma. There were two quakes and the big one was felt as far away as Ada, Prague, and OKC. According to the news, people in the epi-center area were knocked out of bed, and pictures and dishes were thrown to the floor. Whew!~ It rattled my hubby and he is not rattled easily. Mr. macho man. I mean that in the nicest way. 4.0 and that is scary. I am so thankful that it appears no one has been hurt. I think of Matthew chapter 24 and Mark chapter 13. Oklahoma has experienced over 20 small quakes just recently. Over the past year or so, I have lost track of the number. But, it is growing.

My day started out so quietly and I had my study time. This verse below was the one that caught my attention. I needed the words to carry in my heart.

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:7

Time to turn it all over to him. For He is Able!~

No comments:

Post a Comment