Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fasting and Prayer...

Fasting and prayer is not an easy undertaking in weather like we are having now. But, Pastor Bowman asked us to fast and pray one day this week. I am diabetic so I do a Daniel fast; no meat, no sweets and no bread. (I am fine, and I have done this before.) I am doing mine today as the week is getting away from me.

But, the rest of the family still has to eat, so I read scripture, pray, and come here to express my thoughts and stay away from any snacks. I put on a pot of Pintos, made a pan of brownies and will cook chili later on. Yes! I am fine. It is sooo cold out, the idea of good food will make my family happy. My son Dale will be by later on for lunch, and to carry a few brownies and other stuff home to the kiddos. My daughter may come for lunch and my oldest grandson may pop in and he can snack. Hubby and granddaughter Ricci will enjoy the fruits of my labors later on in the day after school and work. I will eat later too. In the meantime if I need a snack I have my things ready.

I am praying for the healing of my daughter, my son and his wife, my grandchildren, greatgrandson, and my hubby, I am praying for my church family and their extended families too. Our church has been praying for a little girl named Shasta who has cancer, and I have been praying for her as well. I also pray for Revival Fire.

It is almost lunchtime and I am hungry. Only natural, right? So I read some scripture and it helps me.

Numbers 12:13 13. "And Moses cried unto the Lord saying, Heal her now, O God, I beseech thee."

If the words were good enough for Moses they're good enough for me. When I pray and fast, and read, I feel the Spirit move through me and it strengthens me. Sometimes it brings me to tears when I think about the problems troubling the people I am praying for, so, I mean it when I say I beseech thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment